Skip to main content

Latest Updates - Battelle

Latest Updates - Shell Aviation

Cinco de Mayo Taco Tuesday

Would I have made anything other than tacos yesterday? No. No I would not have. This is a repeat I've posted before but it was way back when this all started, so recirculating to the top of your Covid recipes...


Cook up Spanish rice and black beans (separately)

Brown 1 lb of ground sirloin, then add a little less than a cup of water and simmer with a packet of "Original Taco" spice (I think it's McCormick brand, it's at the Jewel)

Slice 1-1/2 bell peppers and 1/2 an onion, sautee in evoo and cumin, smoked paprika, garlic powder & chili powder (to taste, sorry, I don't measure a lot)

Serve! Everyone can take what they want, and I just skip the meat and have rice/beans/veggies. Make this gluten-free by using corn tortillas instead of flour

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Pasta with Oil & Spices

So rather than go to the store yesterday after work for some fancy-pants ingredients needed for a new dish, I went for a run instead.  There will be no running today in this rain, so new dish will be tonight.  Last night I made Rhys's favorite pasta, which I've shared here before but it's worth revisiting. And, there's a picture this time!  Cook 1 lb of mostaccioli (this will feed an army, so cut in half if you're not feeding, well, an army). Once the pasta is cooked and drained, return it to the pot and add 1/4 cup of EVOO. Add a little more if all the pasta isn't nicely covered with oil.  Add a lot of oregano, about 2 tbsp but adjust to taste. Add black pepper, about 1 tbsp.  Top with crushed red pepper to taste, depending how spicy you like it. And that's it!

Grilled corn on the cob

Personally, I'm really worried this country is going to go insane over Memorial Day weekend and have parties that lead to a spike in infections, but if you happen to have a safe social distancing BBQ, try this: For 4 ears of corn: Melt 4 tbsp of butter (1/2 stick), I use a saucepan over low heat because when I try to do this in the microwave it explodes. Mix in a couple teaspoons of black pepper and salt in the melted butter. Remove husks and rinse the corn cobs, then lay out pieces of foil, about 12"x12". You'll want to do this assembly-line style so have the foil laid in a pile. Take each clean cob, lay it on a piece of foil, and brush with the butter/salt/pepper mix all over until it's covered. Wrap each one in the foil, making sure they're completely wrapped up so the butter doesn't drip out while cooking. Grill for about 20 minutes, turning repeatedly. Bryce always starts the corn before the rest of the meat or meat substitutes being gr

We ordered sandwiches because the grocery store breaks me

Going to the store has become truly anxiety-inducing! Last night it wasn't as bad as usual, since now everyone is wearing masks and Fresh Market was practically empty. Jewel was mildly manageable.  But, you guys...it takes so much food.  So. Much. Food.  To feed these people!  It's hard to express the volume I purchased to get us through a week. Now that there's no school cafeteria or stopping to pick up something on the way home from baseball, it's gotten truly insane. So after spending nearly TWO HOURS reverting to my hunter-gatherer roots, I returned home to a sandwich waiting for me which I consumed, exhausted.